I used to be an anxious, unwell person. Stressful thoughts controlled my days, and constant digestive issues kept me from being able to fully live my life the way I wanted to. I lived in a constant state of worry, fear, and overthinking and it negatively impacted my life and my health.
I used to think that I would never be able to overcome anxiety, negative thinking and stomach issues, but last year, after 15 years of struggling, I finally did. How did I overcome these challenges and completely change my life? I started doing mindset work.
First, let me explain what your mindset and mindset work is. Mindset, by definition, is the way in which you see the world based on your beliefs and thoughts. Your mindset controls how you see the world and how you feel and react to any situation. Mindset work involves using tools and techniques that allow you to assess your current beliefs and thoughts and make changes.
The thing is - the way we think and the things we believe to be true completely control our lives and when you aren’t aware of your thoughts and beliefs, you completely release control of your mindset. The benefit of doing mindset work is that it allows you to make positive changes to your thoughts and beliefs so you can improve your life.
I wanted to share just 4 of the many benefits that I experienced when I began doing mindset work:
1. My chronic anxiety disappeared: I used to think that overcoming anxiety was impossible for me (this was a negative belief I had). Once I started doing mindset work I realized this was untrue and I was able to address my anxiety and overcome it so it was no longer an issue in my life.
2. My digestive health issues resolved: When I learned about the Brain-Gut connection, I realized that a lot of the digestive issues I experienced were likely due to unresolved anxiety that I struggled with for so long. As a result, once I learned how to manage my anxiety, my digestive issues resolved too.
3. My confidence and self-esteem increased: When you learn how to take back control of your mindset, your body, and how you feel, your confidence soars! Instead of feeling like a victim to my own thoughts, I knew how I had the power to influence my thoughts and control how I react. There is nothing more empowering than regaining ownership of your mind. Also, with anxiety and digestive issues no longer a worry for me, I was able to start showing up in my life better with less fear, because my self-esteem had grown so much!
4. I became a happier, more positive person: From the beginning of this mindset journey, my goal started with the intention of becoming a happier and more positive person. I was able to replace negative, limiting beliefs with positive, empowering ones. With that, my ability to find happiness in my everyday life became easy. Positive thinking and happiness is second nature to me now and it makes my life so much more enjoyable in every way possible!
Now, you may be wondering - How can I start doing mindset work and get all of these amazing benefits, too? Here are 3 easy ways you can get started:
1. Start becoming aware of your thoughts: Spend a day tuning into your internal dialogue: What thoughts do you have? Are any of them repeating thoughts? Do you notice any patterns? This is a really helpful place to start - awareness is key!
2. Try adding more enjoyable activities into your day: Part of creating a better life for yourself includes making more time for the things that matter to you. Do you love nature? Get outside and take a walk on your lunch break. Love to draw or paint? Schedule a session into your week. Remember, your life is yours to live. It’s so easy to get caught up in the ‘to-do’ lists and the chaos of life, that we often forget to make more room for fun and joy.
If you’re having any doubts, I want you to know that you are SO much more powerful than you think you are. If you want to make positive changes in your life, you totally can. I know it may seem hard to believe, but if you set your mind to it, you can do it. No matter where you’re starting from, progress is always possible. It all starts with believing in yourself, and learning the tools you need to create those positive changes. Now go get it, girl!
Written by: Julia Instagram: @LivingMy2.0