There isn’t really any other way to put it...2020 was a really f**king shitty year. Maybe the worst year any of us have to live through in our lifetimes. Luckily, not everything in 2020 went wrong. Some great and beautiful things and moments happened too, thank goodness.
Here are my favorite events and trends, in no particular order, that took place this year:
- The first female, Black, and Asian vice-president was elected: Senator Kamala Harris of California. Way to represent women AND women of color.
- Drive-in movie theaters made a comeback! These are such a cute date idea or night out with the girls.
- Speaking of movies, Hamilton was made available on Disney+ so we could watch this Broadway hit in our homes.
- Tayshia Adams and Claire Crawley both found love on The Bachelorette. We are so happy for them both!
- Billie Eilish completely killed it at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards, winning five trophies!
- Also making music history, Taylor Swift blessed us and kept herself busy during quarantine and released not one, but two alternative back-to-back albums.
- Crayola released a pack of crayons to reflect and represent the world’s skin tones.
- Star-light projectors became a fad. People could bring a bright and twinkly starry night sky into their bedrooms.
- The soaring popularity of Tik Tok brought us many fun food trends to keep us occupied during quarantine, including tiny cereal pancakes, whipped coffee, and hot cocoa bombs.
- Ariana Grande got engaged to Dalton Gomez, and they are undeniably adorable.
- Parents went to great lengths to save Halloween and make it enjoyable and safe for kids with candy chutes.
- Together with Halloween, birthdays also looked a little different with inventive and festive car parades.
- This year also gave us the Pixar movie Soul, one of the best and most meaningful films Pixar has ever released.
- Zendaya became the youngest person ever to win the Best Actress In a Drama Series at the Emmys.
- Zayn Malik and Gig Hadid had their first daughter together! We are still itching to find out her name.
- Amidst the pandemic, people fostered and adopted pets in record numbers and animal rescues and shelters became empty.
- Tie dye made a colossal resurgence in quarantine that gave us something to do and wear, reminding us of peace, love, and happiness during these difficult times.
- With so many businesses forced to close, social media became an extensive tool to spread awareness and support small businesses.
- We got the most precious mommy-daughter videos of Stormi (and Kylie) making Halloween cookies. Their bond is so cute.
- And finally, Harry Styles, wearing a lace Gucci ballgown, makes waves with a historical “Vogue” cover. Harry styles inspire us to push the boundaries of gender norms, especially when it comes to fashion.
Let us know what other unforgettable moments we missed in 2020! We cannot wait to see what 2021 has in store for us.
Written By: Jessica Norris