Searching for skin care products can be hard, especially when the ingredients sound like vocabulary from a chemistry class. Acids include safe chemicals to refine the formation of the skin. Acids are primarily used to fight acne, age spots, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. You’ve probably heard of hyaluronic, lactic, citric acids. These are just three of many types of acids used for skin treatment. Fortunately, I developed a guide for the different types of acids, and recommended my favorite brands!
1. Salicylic Acid: This acid is used to exfoliate the skin, while keeping pores clean. I use this acid daily to keep away any unwanted acne. In higher concentrations, salicylic acid can also be used for sun damage, age spots and scars. This acid removes discoloration and improves your complexion. However, if your complexion is darker, using this acid could result in uneven skin pigmentation.
- Paula’s Choice Skincare: Calm
- The Ordinary: Salicylic Acid
- Tata Harper: Resurfacing Serum
- PCA Skin: Mandelic Acid
- The Ordinary: Mandelic Acid
- Allies of Skin: Mandelic Pigmentation Corrector Night Serum
- Bubble Break Even: Balancing Toner
- Farmacy: Honeymoon Glow
- Good Molecules: Overnight Exfoliating Treatment
- Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Targeted Spot Bright
- Paula’s Choice: Resist C15 Super Booster
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare: Ferulic Plus Retinol Anti-Aging Moisturizer
- The Ordinary: Lactic Acid
- DERMADoctor: KP Duty
- Sunday Riley: Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment
As a reminder, all of these acids are made for certain skin types! Don’t get discouraged if one doesn’t workout; there are many more acids for you to try.
Written by: Chloe West